Increased Ventilation is one of the recommended strategies during these times.
Have you benchmarked your facilities ventilation rates?
Recommended Strategies to Consider
Portable Air Filters
ASHRAE is recommending that facilities investigate increased ventilation rates where possible, disabling demand control ventilation or even something as simple as extending exhaust fan schedules. Harvey W. Hottel, Inc. can be instrumental in performing the given recommendations to correct inefficiencies starting with:
- Perform a building walkthrough with a technician and client advisor in order to identify low cost/no cost opportunities to increase ventilation. The fact various systems handle ventilation differently, for example:
- Variable Air Volume (VAV) Systems – These types of systems most often has a demand control ventilation sequence, which should be temporarily disabled.
- Rooftop Units (RTU) – often has its enthalpy controls disabled or your outdoor air dampers are set at minimum. Again, this is not something that is recommended during current times. We can often increase these systems ventilation rate with a simple damper adjustment.
- Performing a Certified Air Balance Report to benchmark your existing conditions. After we benchmark your existing conditions, we will develop a thorough plan of action to increase ventilation rates and occupant safety.
Throughout these current times, increased ventilation in imperative. It is recommended by both the CDC and ASHRAE.
Additional information and solutions that we offer can be found HERE. Talk to one of our representatives about the best solution to meet your facilities needs.
What Sets Us Apart
- Quality Service since 1945
- Emergency Services Available
- Offering Energy Efficient Options
- Delivering Services Beyond Customer Expectations