Response to COVID-19
As a valued part of Harvey W. Hottel, Inc., we appreciate the trust you place in us wherever we do business together. In the current environment, it is important for everyone to monitor the rapidly evolving situation regarding the coronavirus or COVID-19, so we thought it would be helpful to provide an update on how Harvey W Hottel is handling the situation.
First and foremost, safety is always our priority at Hottel; it’s part of our core values that we share with our customers. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, we have taken the following steps to address COVID-19:
- All Hottel employees are currently trained and using CDC recommended guidelines on handwashing, sanitation, and social distancing.
- We have asked all employees who have a temperature of 100.4 degrees to stay at home and consult with their doctor. All employees must be cleared of any symptoms before returning to work.
- We have reduced the number of employees in our main office by asking office staff to telecommute when possible and have restricted office accessibility by securing doors and providing a sign in sheet. We have begun tracking all field personnel on jobsite locations and keeping groups to less than 10.
- Employees who have traveled for business or personal reasons to any high-risk coronavirus area, have had family members who have done so, and/or who have been in proximity to anyone suspected of having or confirmed with the virus within the last 14 days, to self-isolate at home for the next 14 days.
- Additionally, we have created an Emergency Preparedness Team that continuously educates our employees and customers on the best ways to slow the spreading of COVID-19 by instruction through CDC and OSHA guidelines. This includes knowing how and when to use gloves and masks most effectively, proper handwashing, and most importantly, promoting self-quarantine.
How We Can Work Together
Our company has been deemed as an ESSENTIAL service provider. A classification that we do not take lightly. We are remaining open to help keep your building maintained.
While we are actively incorporating telecommuting and social distancing within the company, we still believe that there is strength in numbers. We are working towards maintaining your comfort and safety during this difficult time.
Now is an excellent time to stay updated on building maintenance, such as:
- Filter Changes: Changing filters regularly to ensure air flow is kept up to acceptable levels. HEPA filters can trap up to 99.7% of particles under 3 microns that pass through filters.
- UV Light: When passing through UV light filters, viruses and other bacteria are effectively killed by the ultraviolet light.
- Evaporator Cleaning: Utilizing an evaporator coil cleaner and disinfectant is effective against killing germs on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Ventilation: Completing an assessment on your current ventilation rates and possibly making improvements to your air changes per hour.
- Humidity Control: Maintaining a humidity level of 40-60% in an indoor facility can lower the survival rate of airborne viruses up to 30%.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Commercial Service Department at
240-912-8900 to discuss keeping your facility at its optimal health level. We hope you and your families are safe and healthy during these uncertain times.
If there are any questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, please contact our Emergency Preparedness Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Sets Us Apart
- Quality Service since 1945
- Emergency Services Available
- Offering Energy Efficient Options
- Delivering Services Beyond Customer Expectations