We have recently had a lot of interest in and success installing UV lights to provide additional health and safety through air supply decontamination for tenants/building occupants returning to work.
Now is an excellent time to stay updated on building maintenance such as:
- Filter Changes: Changing filters regularly to ensure air flow is kept up to acceptable levels. Upgrading your filters to a higher MERV rating can increase the amount of particles captures during circulation.
- UV Light: When passing through UV light, viruses and other bacteria are effectively killed by the ultraviolet light.
- Evaporator Cleaning: Utilizing an evaporator coil cleaner and disinfectant is effective against killing germs on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Ventilation: Completing an assessment on your current ventilation rates and possibly making improvements to your air changers per hour.
- Humidity Control: Maintaining a humidity level of 40-60% in an indoor facility can lower the survival rate of airborne viruses up to 30%.
- Portable Air Purifiers: We can supply air cleaners that utilize HEPA filtration and UV lights for portable disinfection. This can be used to augment systems that cannot provide adequate airflow in certain areas within your facility (CDC, 2020).
Please do not hesitate to contact our Commercial Service Department at 240-912-8900 to discuss keeping your facility at its optimal health level. We hope that you and your families are safe and healthy during these uncertain times.
Hottel is always looking forward to hearing from our clients and about the work we have done. We continuously work with Saint Sophia’s Church on maintaining their equipment and installing new equipment if needed.
“After researching and interviewing several HVAC companies in our area we decided to go with Harvey W. Hottel, because they are a reliable company and they presented us with great choices and pricing that fit our Cathedral needs. I was especially pleased by the explanation of the way the new unit would be installed and how it would work. As well as other HVAC and plumbing issues we had.
We were very pleased with the service we received from Harvey W. Hottel. Kenneth Fennell and the installers were very knowledgeable and professional. They were very attentive to our needs and answered all of our questions and concerns. Richard Hottel and crew should be very proud!The technicians were on their game and repaired the work in a timely fashion. We are extremely satisfied! Kudos to the Hottel team.”
Saint Sophia Cathedral, WDC
Beautiful passive solar home with geothermal heating and cooling that has a net-zero footprint. This house is built from resources that we found right on the land where it’s located; strawbale walls that surround 3,500 SF of space with a mud mixture for the walls. Trees from the property, such as black walnut, cherry, locust and hickory are used throughout for ceilings, flooring, doors, and other accents. We worked closely with the owners and designer to strategize on the installation of geothermal heating and cooling, high efficiency triple pane windows, radiant flooring, tub, master bedroom and gym. We also installed a 3-ton water to water unit with a storage tank and a hot/cold water coil for the air handler. Take a look at the before and after pictures!
DID YOU KNOW: Geothermal energy has the smallest carbon footprint of any other heating or cooling source. It can also be eligible for tax cuts and maintains a longer lifespan of 25 years for indoor and 50+ years for outdoor underground components (Comfort Pro Inc., 2019).
Mark Hottel, Owner and Designer, and Mike Kephart, Project Manager, specialize in geothermal energy. Cost savings for monthly operating expenses coupled with new Federal tax credits offered, provided our homeowner with the incentive to procure the benefits and comfort of geothermal heating and cooling.
The scope of work included four new geothermal heating and cooling units with associated sheet metal ductwork, geothermal piping, electrical, and controls. Additionally, two geothermal water-to-water units provided the hot water for the radiant floor heat for the following areas: basement, garage, and master bathroom.
From maintaining the project timeline to ensuring a quality installation, the Harvey Hottel team was able to deliver another quality project. Contact us today!